Friday, July 22, 2016

Third Verbal Ban by Alberta Legislature Visitors Services


July 22, 2016: During today's 67th outdoor art show I was verbally banned for the 3rd time this year. I was told by another Alberta Legislature official with Visitors Services that I could no longer distribute leaflets on the Alberta Legislature grounds. The leaflets play an important part in this 2016 Fire and Rain art project. Without them, this project cannot continue. Picketing the Alberta Government for freedom of expression using art will begin Tuesday, July 26, 2016, in place of the #FireAndRain art shows. I'm still going to paint freely and show my art in public and continue the Fire and Rain art project.

"Bureaucrats and the Government of Alberta have never made me and other Albertans feel welcomed on the Alberta Legislature grounds. Only some of the sheriffs who protect Albertans and those who publicly serve in office have made the great efforts at making me feel welcome and at home. I'll always appreciate that and respect these fine men and women who serve Albertans in uniform."  - Doug Brinkman   


No comments:

Post a Comment